Bad breath (halitosis) affects approximately 65% of the population. Temporary halitosis is caused by a decrease in saliva production during sleep, combined with reduced tongue and cheek movements. Eating a healthy, balanced breakfast and brushing your teeth and tongue should get your breath smelling fresh again.
Bad Breath (Halitosis)
Causes of halitosis
- Gum inflammation and disease.
- Inadequate oral hygiene.
- The presence of cavities and defective restorations.
- Food particles caught between the teeth.
- Sources of infection.
- Breathing through the mouth.
- Reduced saliva flow.
- An accumulation of bacteria and food debris on the tongue.
It is important to maintain good oral hygiene and visit the dentist regularly. If bad breath persists, consult us. Our team will be able to diagnose the problem and give you some good advice to remedy the situation.