Traditionally, dental impressions were made using a tray and putty. This process, uncomfortable and imprecise, is now replaced by the iTero scanner. It is basically a specialized digital camera that can scan your teeth rapidly and generate high definition 3D images. These images are then manipulated by special software and distributed electronically.
iTero Scanning Technology
iTero digital impressions can be used for many purposes:
iTero benefits for patients
- You avoid the uncomfortable feeling of putty in your mouth which sometimes induces the gag reflex;
- The dental impression process is faster;
- You will be able to see how your teeth will move during your treatment;
- The dental impressions are more precise, reducing the need for later adjustments;
- The dental impression can be sent electronically, eliminating delivery delays.