iTero scanning technology
Traditionally, dental impressions were made using a tray and putty. This process, uncomfortable and imprecise, is now replaced by the iTero scanner. It is basically a specialized digital camera that can scan your teeth rapidly and generate high definition 3D images. These images are then manipulated by special software and distributed electronically.
The digital impressions made with iTero can be used for many purposes:
- Invisalign aligners for invisible orthodontics;
- Custom-fitted occlusal guards for bruxism;
- Custom-fitted mouthguards;
- Crowns, veneers and bridges;
iTero benefits for patients
- You avoid the uncomfortable feeling of putty in your mouth which sometimes induces the gag reflex;
- The dental impression process is faster;
- The dental impressions are more precise, reducing the need for later adjustments;
- The dental impression can be sent electronically, eliminating delivery delays.