Kids at the Dentist
Just like you, we have children. We know how much you love them and want the very best for their health. That is why we prepared this section dedicated to the oral health of babies and children.
Importance of the first visit
If your child has never been at the dentist, we suggest you read this page about the first visit. This way, you will be able to prepare him or her for the important first visit at the dental clinic.
Free dental services for children under age 10
In the province of Quebec, the Regie de l'assurance maladie du Quebec (RAMQ) pays a number of dental services for children under 10 years old. Some of these services are offered at dental clinics, others in hospitals and some in both places:
Free services available at our dental clinic:
- one dental examination per year;
- emergency examinations;
- local anesthesia;
- fillings using white esthetic materials for the front teeth;
- prefabricated crowns;
- sedative dressings, i.e. temporary fillings intended to reduce pain;
- endodontics (including, in their case, root canal treatment, apexification, pulpectomy, pulpotomy and emergency opening of the pulp canal);
- tooth and root extractions;
- oral surgery services.
The costs related to cleaning, removing tartar and applying fluoride are not covered by the RAMQ. However, we recommend them strongly.
To learn more
If you have questions about the oral health of your child, please do not hesitate to talk to us. You may also visit the following websites: